Students in good standing in the School of Law may choose to take up to three 600-level graduate courses in the Stetson-Hatcher School of Business without applying for admission to the MBA Program. Two specific combinations of courses can be taken for either a Certificate in Practice Management or a Certificate in Corporate Finance.
Students who receive one of these certificates will have their law school graduation requirements reduced by nine credits. Students must complete all courses required for a certificate; otherwise, the Law School graduation requirements will not be reduced. To enroll in a certificate program, students must receive approval from the Law School Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. Upon approval, the student should contact the Registrar’s Office at 478-301-2620.
For more information regarding the Business Certificates, please contact the Law School Admissions Office at 478-301-2605 or the School of Business at 478-301-2835.
Certificate in Practice Management (nine credit hours):
Any three of the following three-credit-hours courses:
- BUS 606 Decision Making and Decision Analytics (Note: This course requires prior completion of statistics pre-requisite)
- BUS 611 Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Note: This course requires prior completion of statistics pre-requisite)
- BUS 613 Ethical Leadership
- BUS 603 Accounting for Managers (Note: This course requires prior completion of accounting pre-requisite)
- BUS 605 Marketing Decision Making
- BUS 602 Human Capital Management
Certificate in Corporate Finance (nine credit hours):
Note: Enrollment in each three-credit hours course below requires prior completion of accounting and finance pre-requisites.
- BUS 602 Accounting for Managers
- BUS 609 Financial Decision Making
- BUS 6XX: One additional BUS 600-level Accounting or Finance course approved by the associate dean for graduate studies or the director of MBA programs in Macon.