The Next Steps
The following are the next steps you will need to take to make your transition to Mercer Law as smooth and seamless as possible. Again, welcome to Mercer Law and let us know if you have any questions.
- Seat Deposit - As your acceptance letter indicated, you are required to pay a seat deposit to reserve your place in the first year class. Failure to meet your required deadlines will result in the forfeiture of your seat in the first year class. Although your deposit is non-refundable, it will be applied in full against your initial tuition payment.
- Law School Homecoming Open House - Saturday, Oct. 24, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Following the open house, join us for a Mercer Law Alumni Tailgate at 12:30 p.m. before the Mercer homecoming game against VMI. Click here to register.
- Mercer Law Preview Day - Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: The Office of Admissions will host Law Preview Day for prospective applicants, admitted students, and their guests. Law Preview Day events include: Admissions, Financial Aid, and Career Services presentations, a student-guided tour of Mercer Law School, and an opportunity to meet faculty and current students. Click here to register.
- Admitted Student Day - All accepted students are invited to attend Admitted Student Day on Sat., March 19, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Visit - If you have not yet visited the Law School, please do so. You may attend a first year class, have a tour, and experience for yourself the collegiality and supportive environment between our students, faculty, and staff.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships - Please follow the link for financial aid and scholarship information.
- Housing - Our quiet, residential location provides plenty of apartments and houses within walking/biking distance or a 10-15 minute drive.
- Official Final Transcript - You must have your final academic undergraduate transcript, which reflects your graduation date, sent to LSAC from the Registrar’s Office of your undergraduate school. This information must be updated with LSAC prior to you enrolling at Mercer.
- Immunization- All Mercer Law students (incoming and transfer) are required to complete and submit this form to the Student Health Services Office on main campus before entering school. Please refer to the immunization policy for more information.
- Student Health Insurance - Mercer requires all students to have health insurance coverage. In order to enforce this policy, all students will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance each semester. You will be provided the opportunity to waive the student insurance coverage and have the charge removed from your Mercer account if you provide satisfactory evidence that you have primary health insurance coverage.
- Professionalism Orientation for First-Year Students- This is a highly unique program with extensive focus on ethics, professionalism, and what to expect while living the life of a lawyer.
- Parking - Students park in the upper student parking lots. The lower lot is reserved for faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Registrar’s Office - You will find information regarding academic calendars, courses offered, exam schedules, and student surveys.
- Student Handbook - The printable document will outline policies regarding degree requirements, grading policy, financial information, exam policy, students with disabilities, and other important policies and procedures.