Congratulations on your acceptance to Mercer Law School. We would like to welcome you to Mercer Law and the Mercer Law family. As a student who has been accepted you have become part of a distinguished legacy of lawyers, judges, professionals, and scholars. We are proud that you have chosen Mercer for your legal education and we are looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you in the near future.
The Next Steps
The following are the next steps you will need to take to make your transition to Mercer Law as smooth and seamless as possible. Again, welcome to Mercer Law and let us know if you have any questions.
- Official Final Transcript - You must have your final academic undergraduate transcript, which reflects your graduation date, sent to LSAC from the Registrar’s Office of your undergraduate school. The deadline to submit this document to LSAC will be August 7, 2020. If you are attending summer school and will not have your transcript by this deadline please contact the Admissions Office for more information . Otherwise, failure to comply with this deadline will result in the student being withdrawn from school.
- Seat Deposit - In order to pay your seat deposit visit https://my.mercer.edu/ and click on the Nelnet link. You will then select Make a Payment and select Tuition and Fees Fall 2020. Enter the amount of $500 and then pay with a major credit card. Keep in mind as you are entering your payment you will see a zero balance on your account. Your $500 seat deposit is non-refundable but will be applied to your FALL 2020 tuition.
- Visit - If you have not yet visited the Law School, please do so. You may attend a first-year class, have a tour, and experience for yourself the collegiality and supportive environment between our students, faculty, and staff.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships - Please follow the link for financial aid and scholarship information.
- Admitted Student Day - The Office of Admissions is hosting Admitted Student Day on Saturday, April 4, 2020, 9:00 to 1:00 for admitted students and their guests. Please RSVP here.
- Housing - Our quiet, residential location provides plenty of apartments and houses within walking/biking distance or a 10-15 minute drive.
- Immunization- All Mercer Law students (incoming and transfer) are required to complete and submit this form to the Student Health Services Office on main campus before entering school. Please refer to the immunization policy for more information.
- Student Health Insurance - Mercer requires all students to have health insurance coverage. In order to enforce this policy, all students will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance each semester. You will be provided the opportunity to waive the student insurance coverage and have the charge removed from your Mercer account if you provide satisfactory evidence that you have primary health insurance coverage.
- Professionalism Orientation for First-Year Students- This is a highly unique program with extensive focus on ethics, professionalism, and what to expect while living the life of a lawyer.
- Parking - Students park in the upper student parking lots. The lower lot is reserved for faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Registrar’s Office - You will find information regarding academic calendars, courses offered, exam schedules, and student surveys.
- Student Handbook - The printable document will outline policies regarding degree requirements, grading policy, financial information, exam policy, students with disabilities, and other important policies and procedures.