Congratulations, Future Mercer Lawyer!
You are joining a 149-year legacy of distinguished lawyers, judges, and legal scholars, who have taken their interests and shaped them into an impactful legal career.
We are excited to welcome you to our community of legal professionals as you begin your journey to become a Mercer Lawyer.
The Next Steps
The following are the next steps you will need to take to make your transition to Mercer Law as smooth and seamless as possible. Our Admissions and Financial Aid staff are here to help you through this process, and we want to answer any questions you may have.
- Official Final Transcript - You must have your final academic undergraduate transcript, which reflects your degree and graduation date, sent to LSAC from the Registrar’s Office of your undergraduate school. The deadline to submit this document to LSAC will be August 5, 2022. If you are taking summer courses, we will require your final transcript after course completion, and you can notify our office if summer classes may impact this deadline. Otherwise, failure to comply with this deadline will result in your withdrawal from school.
- Seat Deposit - Mercer Law requires a $500 seat deposit to reserve your seat. You should have received an email with login details to your MyMercer account and instructions on paying your seat deposit. If you did not receive this link, contact our office. The seat deposit is non-refundable, but it will be applied to your Fall 2022 tuition.
- Financial Aid/Scholarships - The George Woodruff Scholarship application, which offers full tuition and an annual $5,000 stipend, is due on January 15, 2022. To apply and be considered for the Woodruff Scholarship, you must submit a completed admissions application by January 15. Please visit the financial aid and scholarship webpages to learn more about merit and need-based financial aid opportunities. In addition, you will find resources related to student loans and the availability of individual student loan counseling. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 478-301-2147.
- Visit - Join us for a campus tour, attend an event, and connect with students and faculty by visiting campus. A visit demonstrates first-hand the supportive and intentional culture among Mercer Law students, faculty and staff.
- Join the Mercer Law Class of 2025 Facebook Group - Start connecting with your new community and join your class facebook group. We'll share updates here about financial aid, events, reminders, and other important information.
- Preview Day - Save the date for Saturday, January 22, 2022 and experience life as a Mercer Law student. Meet current students and faculty as well as ask questions regarding financial aid. Register Now.
- Admitted Students Day - Save the date for our Admitted Students Day on Saturday, April 9, 2022. Attend to see first-hand the Mercer Law culture and meet other future Mercer Lawyers. Register Now.
- Registrar’s Office - You will find information regarding academic calendars, course curriculum, and exam schedules on the Registrar's Office website.
- Student Handbook - The student handbook outlines policies regarding degree requirements, grading policy, financial information, exam policy, students with disabilities, withdrawal and refund policies as well as other important policies and procedures.
- Housing - Our quiet, residential location provides plenty of apartments and houses within walking or biking distance or a 10-15 minute drive. You can view the housing database through Sharepoint with your MyMercer ID.
- Immunization - All Mercer Law students (incoming and transfer) are required to complete and submit this immunization form to the Student Health Services Office on main campus before entering school. Please refer to the immunization policy for more information.
- Student Health Insurance - Mercer requires all students to have health insurance coverage. In order to enforce this policy, all students will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance each semester. You will be provided the opportunity to waive the student insurance coverage and have the charge removed from your Mercer account if you provide satisfactory evidence that you have primary health insurance coverage.
- Parking - On-campus parking is free for students. Student parking is available adjacent to the law school in the upper student parking lots. You will receive an email prior to school starting to register your car information and will receive your parking decal during Orientation.
Orientation - The dates for Orientation are August 9-12, 2022. Attendance is required. Orientation introduces you to Mercer Law School with a mock class, Student Organization Fair, Professionalism Day, and visit to state and federal courthouses. You will receive your Fall 2022 course schedule, section assignment, and book lists during Orientation. We will email you information regarding Orientation throughout the summer.
Intro Week - Following Orientation, all Mercer Law students participate in Intro Week. For first-year students, this one-week course introduces you to the methods and goals of the law school classroom. The course simulates and examines the typical first-year classroom experience, including an exam, to prepare each student to get the maximum benefit from fall semester courses.