Welcome to Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law.
We are a community of students, faculty, and staff united in a common educational goal: preparing law students for lives of service and fulfillment following graduation. We are proud to continue a tradition begun in 1873 of graduating practice-ready lawyers who uphold the highest ideals of the legal profession.
At Mercer Law School, you will find:
- a collaborative, supportive environment in which students are encouraged in their individual personal and professional development;
- an innovative curriculum that provides the intellectual depth and essential skills for practicing law, with nationally-recognized programs in legal writing, experiential education, and ethics and professionalism;
- an accessible faculty, who excel at legal scholarship and at teaching, and who mentor students in and out of the classroom
- an interesting and diverse student body, whose small size reflects a commitment to individual attention;
- a talented staff, who contribute specialized expertise and energy to helping students achieve their goals;
- strong ties to the bench and bar, and an alumni base that includes leaders of the profession, the nation, and the world;
- a robust externship program, which allows law students to earn academic credit while working in law practice settings, and an engaged career services office that helps students plan for the next step in their journey;
- and so much more.
You’ll find all of this in a building that blends historic beauty with contemporary technology and resources, located in a beautiful, affordable city just a short drive from the beach, the mountains, and the city of Atlanta.
I invite you to explore these pages to learn in detail what makes Mercer Law School a distinctive and special place in which to receive a legal education.
Daisy Hurst Floyd
Dean and University Professor of Law and Ethical Formation